Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Faithfulness - 1 Corinthians 4

OLD FAITHFUL


Paul was experiencing tremendous difficulty with his ministry in the church at Corinth. For the most part, Paul’s ministry at Corinth does not seem to be very successful. Popularity and numerical growth were not a by-product of his investment there. People were judging and critcizing him on a regular basis. In terms of human succcess, he was bordering on failure. However, the response he gave to his detractors was this: "I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me." (1 Cor 4:3-4)

True success is not to be measured in terms of what man can see, but in terms of what God sees. "My judge," says Paul, "is not man or even myself, but God."

Join us tommorrow night at 6:30 p.m. as we continue our study in the Epistle of 1 Corinthians.

No comments: