Monday, April 20, 2009

Living By Grace


Sunday's message was entitled, Living By Grace. The Sermon was based on Paul's writings in 2 Timothy 2: 1 - 13.


I can remember the exact moment when I first realized that I was truly an adult. It wasn’t my 18th birthday. It wasn’t when I finally moved out from home at 25 and got married. I first realized I was an adult when I was 28 years old, and I still remember the day. It happened on Father’s Day, June 17, 1984 when I held my newborn son in my arms. As I looked at that helpless little baby, I realized that there was no turning back, that I was responsible for this life. For the first time I realized that I was totally responsible for another person’s life. My life would never be the same again. Every risk I took, every impulsive decision I made, every unwise dollar I spent would effect this little person’s life.


As Paul reflects back on his own life and the legacy he’s leaving, he gives young Timothy some important advice about how to live a life that’s built to last.


1. Find Strength (2 Tim 2:1)

2. Multiply Your Influence (2 Tim 2:2)

3. Be Willing to Pay the Price (2 Tim 2:3-7)

4. Center Your Life In Christ (2 Tim 2:8-10)

5. Don’t Give Up (2 Tim 2:11-13)


If you want to build a relationship with God that will last you must Live By His Grace everyday.

No comments: