Tuesday, December 22, 2009

From the Pastor

As I spent time celebrating an early Christmas with my wife and children last evening, I couldn't help but be touched by the fact that I believe that I am the most blessed individual on the face of the planet. Everyday, God extends His mercy and grace into my life and I realize how I am truly loved. There is no greater time of the year to stop and take an assessment of God's gifts than during Christmas. His gifts rarely come wrapped in ribbons and bows, but they are seen in the beauty of friends and family. Take time this year to be thankful for the most precious gift ever given - His Only Begotten Son. It's never too late to receive this gift with gratitude and love. Merry Christmas to one and all!

1 comment:

Philip G said...

God gave us his son to attone for the sins of the people that he designed. Why didn't he just put the angel with the firey sword in front of the tree of knowledge before Eve got to it, or at least torch the snake?

Or is that bit allegorical and you choose the bits of the bible that are 'real'?

Happy Christmas.